In response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, Eagleville Hospital has taken several proactive steps to create a safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff. We continue to monitor the situation closely and have taken the following precautions:
- Special areas in the hospital have been designated for current patients if they show symptoms for the virus. To date, we have no known infected patients or staff.
- Our admission process has been changed so patients are screened for symptoms prior to and upon arrival. Specific areas have been designated for treating new admissions who exhibit symptoms in order to reduce exposure to other patients and staff.
- We are working with our food and environmental services vendor to ensure that proper food-handling measures are taken, and the hospital is properly cleaned and disinfected on a routine basis.
- We have cancelled all large group meetings, including AA and NA meetings to reduce the risk to our current patients.
- We have temporarily suspended all visitation at this time and will be making provisions for patients to have video visitation with family members instead of regular visitations.
Eagleville Hospital remains open and we continue to admit new patients and serve patients who are currently in treatment. All referral sources should contact our Admissions Department regarding screening protocols for potential new admissions. While we are here and available to serve those in our community with substance use and mental health disorders, we would like to emphasize that effective containment and treatment of anyone with possible exposure to the COVID-19 virus is best achieved in a controlled environment that restricts exposure to large populations. Eagleville Hospital will continue our commitment to serving the community while following guidance of Montgomery County, PA Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control.