General Information – FAQs
How long will I be in treatment?
Each individual’s length of stay in treatment depends upon the severity of the condition being treated, treatment history, and the assessment of the treatment team.
What should I bring with me for my treatment at Eagleville Hospital?
All patients should bring:
- Photo ID and Insurance card(s)
- All Prescribed medications- as advised by admissions staff
- 1 small suitcase with clothing for 7 days (laundry facilities are available)
- Cash (no coinage) for vending machines
Is there anything I should not bring with me?
Please do not bring:
- Curling Irons or Flat Irons
- Nail Polish Remover
- Cell phones or other electronics including cameras, iPods, laptops, etc.
- Food or drink
- Bedding, blankets, pillows, or towels
- Loose tobacco, chewing tobacco, “roll-your-own” cigarettes, or pipes
- Weapons of any kind, including pocket knives, scissors, mace, etc.
- Any substance of abuse
- Body wash
- Mouthwash (upon request)
- Razor (upon request)
- Shave gel (upon request)
- Comb or Brush (upon request)
- Conditioner (upon request)
- Hair Dryer
- Hair Gel: will only be accepted if in clear, plastic bottle
- Hair Spray: will only be accepted if in clear, plastic bottle
- Perfume or Cologne: will only be accepted if in clear, plastic bottle **Please note, any weapons, drugs, alcohol, or paraphernalia found will be confiscated and not returned upon discharge.
- D’Arclay 2
- Arcadia House
- D’Arclay 1 East
- Levy 1
- Levy 2
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30am –12:30pm or from 4pm-7pm
- Saturdays and Sunday from 11am-12pm or from 3pm-4pm
The following will be provided to our patients upon admission:
The following items will be accepted:
Do you take health insurance?
Eagleville accepts reimbursement from most major insurance plans as well as Pennsylvania Medical Assistance and Medicare.
What if I don’t have health insurance?
There are ways to get coverage for drug and alcohol treatment even if you don’t have insurance coverage. We suggest you contact our admissions office at 800-255-2019 to inquire about additional funding that may be available through your county of residence.
What is the visiting policy?
Visitation of patients and family involvement in treatment is strongly encouraged at Eagleville. However, unlike a typical medical hospital where you can visit most days, we have structured and limited visitation time.
|Acute Unit||Older Adult Unit||Addiction Programs|
|Is there a waiting period until I can see the patient?||No||No||No
Treatment Team decision*
|Must I be on the patient’s approved visitor list?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Visitor limits||No children under 18||Children under 12 by exception only||No more than 2 adults and 4 children|
|Days and Hours||Wednesday 5:30pm – 7:30pm
1:00pm – 3:00pm
|Monday – Friday 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Saturday – Sunday 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Visitors for patients are for one day, either Saturday or Sunday but not both, and is based on program.
Saturday 1:30pm – 3:30pm for patients in these Programs:
Sunday 1:30pm – 3:30pm for patients in the Men’s and Women’s Co-Occurring Recovery Programs:
|Is a Family Seminar offered.||No||No||Yes, and is required prior to first visit. Family Seminar registration begins at 11:30, with the presentation starting at 12pm. Visitors who do not attend the family seminar will not be allowed to visit. Visits will follow at 1:30pm to 3:30pm. NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 will be permitted at the Family Seminar due to the content of the material being discussed during this session.|
How can I deliver personal items to a patient? (Effective October 28, 2017)
It may be necessary to bring personal items to patients who arrive with limited clothing, or who need cash (no coinage) to use the vending machines, or cigarettes. Such personal items may be delivered on:
All items are to be delivered to the Admissions Department at the Patient Care Building. Patients are allowed to have up to 7 days’ worth of clothing, so please do not bring large quantities of clothing items. All units have laundry facilities. If they have 7days worth already in our system, we will decline to take it at that time. No valuables will be accepted.
NO food, beverages, medications, or valuables should be delivered for the patient.
All delivered packages have to go through internal processing. This means if you had a package overnighted this does not guarantee that the patient will be receiving the items the next day.
Use of Cell Phones/ Cameras/ Recording Equipment Not Allowed
To guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of our patients, we do not permit the use of cameras, camera phones, tape recorders, or any other kind of video equipment on the grounds.
Closed-circuit security cameras are in use on Eagleville Hospital’s campus for the security of all patients, staff and visitors.