Ed Fitzgerald – Longtime Eagleville Hospital supporter, Eagleville Foundation Board Chair, Eagleville Hospital Board Vice-Chair. Passed away on December 4, 2016
Longtime Eagleville Hospital supporter.
- Elected to the Board of Directors on October 23, 2001
- Elected Foundation Chair in 2015
- Elected Hospital Vice Chair in 2015
- Chaired various committees during his career with Eagleville
- He was a member of various committees during his career with Eagleville, including being a long-standing member of the Budget and Finance and Audit Committees
- He worked as an attorney at Spector Gadon & Rose, PC
- For many years, Ed kindly hosted Eagleville’s Budget and Finance, Audit Committee, and Investment Committee meetings at Spector Gadon offices
EDWARD G.FITZGERALD, peacefully passed on December 4, 2016 after a brief illness. Survived by family he loved and who loved him: wife Virginia M. Duffy, sons Edward (Julie) and Stephen (Mazie), daughter Kelly Maxwell (Steve), grandsons Eddie, Ryan, John and Colin Fitzgerald, sister Joan Foy (Rod) and brother Michael Fitzgerald (Pati). Son of the late Edward G. Fitzgerald, Sr. and the late Rosemary O’Hare Fitzgerald.
Will be missed by the friends he made along the way, including those at Eagleville Foundation, Gloria Dei Church, Lulu Country Club, The Union League of Philadelphia, Pennsyl-vania Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, M. Patricia Carroll Fund and Spector, Gadon & Rosen, P.C., and by the many people to whom he gave so generously of himself over a lifetime of giving back.
Family and friends are invited to Ed’s Life Celebration, Thursday from 6-8 P.M. at CRAFT/GIVNISH OF ABINGTON, 1801 Old York Rd., Abington, PA 19001 or Friday from 10-11 A.M. at Gloria Dei Church, 570 Welsh Rd., Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006, and to participate in his Memorial Service at 11 A.M.
If you wish to give in memory of Ed, please consider Eagleville Foundation, 100 Eagleville Rd., Eagleville, PA 19403 Attn Development Office or a charity of your choice.
To share your memories of Ed, please visit www.lifecelebration.com.
Published on Philly.com on Dec. 6, 2016